This post may contain affiliate links
Throw pillows are one of the easiest ways to change up a space. Whether you’re craving a simple change or seasonal change throw pillows are the fastest way to make it happen.
There are so many affordable covers that lend themselves to easy change up for a minimal cost. You can purchase a few inserts ( I recommend IKEA or these below) and swap out different covers as often as you want.
**** Most below are covers but I’ve linked a few that come with inserts and that is specified in the category/ caption on the photo. Always be sure to double check before checking out if it’s just a cover or has an insert included.
PILLOW INSERTS: I suggest going a size up from your pillow cover size for your insert. For example: If you have an 18×18 cover get a 20×20 insert. This creates that full, fluffy look that doesnt have extra fabric sagging.
** If you cannot find a euro insert a size bigger than the cover the same size works ( EXAMPLE a 26×26 insert works fine for a 26×26 cover as long as it is like the one I linked and a down alternative and not a polyfill)
+ I also suggest a down alternative insert. The polyfill is often stiff and doesnt allow for that V shape at the top of the pillow when you set it up. SEE EXAMPLE BELOW of the “V” shape I’m referring to.
I’ve categorized the pillows below and if you scroll down further to the bottom you can see them all together with a bigger thumbnail photo
Tips for mixing patterns
Mixing pillows with different patterns gives interest to a space and also looks great! It allows you to invest in a few different pillows and mix + match others down the road . I suggest:
- mixing patterns in the same color family or color ( example a navy stripe with a navy plaid and a cream or white throw in would be a great mix
- also seen below I mixed blacks with creams and dark ashy navy and even though the patterns are all different it works nicely together because it’s in the same color scheme or atleast relatively close.
Favorite covers Under $25
Euro Covers (26×26)
Pillow covers for Spring
Everyday Pillow covers
Boho Pillow Covers
Modern Farmhouse Pillow covers
Neutral pillow covers
Lumbar Pillow covers
Pillow covers WITH inserts ( they come included)
Textured Pillow Covers
Pillow Combinations I love
Here are some combos I put together that work well anywhere that needs a combo of pillows
- 2 euros 2 striped 1 lumbar For a couch or bed. The euro shams (2) are the “bookends” then the striped (2) come next and in the center is the patterned lumbar (1)
2. 2 euros 2 verical striped 1 buffalo check lumbar. For a couch or bed. Same as above set up 2/2/1
3. Neutral combo with texture
4. 2 euros // black , white, browns
5. browns and greens